Thursday, November 19, 2009

@#!*$^@&*# (Cussing)



Their mouths are full of cursing, lies, and threats. Trouble and evil are on the tips of their tongues. - Psalm 10:7 (NLT)



How many times do you cuss in one day?


If you're a christian, the answer should be zero.


As Christians, we need to speak and act like our savior.


My philosophy is that whatever I speak like in real life I should speak like in prayer; and vice versa.


When I pray, I want to sound as authentic as possible, so I never use words like "thou" and "thy" and "If the Lord tarries", because I never would say that to my best friend.


And that is just what Jesus is... a best friend.


In the same way, I would never cuss when praying to God, so I shouldn't cuss when talking to people.
Challenge: If you deal with cussing as a personal struggle, ask God to change how you speak. Confide in a Christian friend and ask them to keep you accountable and ask you how you're progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment